Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Word of God

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
Amos 8:12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.


There are many people that refuse to hear the word of God. However just because they are doing it doesn’t mean that I am going to. The Bible speaks in this passage a famine of hearing the Word of God. Now I know and you know that we have the Word of God. It has not changed nor will it ever change, but the famine prophesied here was not a famine of the Word, but rather hearing the Word.

I do not want to turn a deaf ear to what God has to say to me. I want to be than ever to Him, in order that I do not miss anything He has to say.

The other night I was watching Andy Griffith. Ernest T Bass was trying to enlist in the Army, and the instructor was going to give him a hearing test so he said “stand by me and repeat what I say” so Earnest stood there and repeated every word so he made his voice to get softer and walked away Earnest was supposed to stay put but instead he followed him. He said I told you to stand there and he said if I would have done that I might not have heard what you were saying. That is exactly the way I want to be with God. Get as close as I can so that I do not miss one word that he wants me to hear.

1Sa 3:19 And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.

God help me to listen more closely to what you have to say.

1 comment:

Evangelist David Dunn said...

Thank you my Brother for this post. I can honestly say that this post is exactly an answer to prayer!
I have been asking the Lord about this very thing and I had forgotten about the words of Amos 8:11 & 12.
Let me share with you what God gave me thru your post:
First, Thank you for being a walking, talking, living reminder that God has given us His Word that He will hear our prayers.
Secondly, that God CAN AND WILL bring Revival if we will "Take Him at His word".
Third, the great need in America and the world of "Preaching The Truth, No Matter The Cost".
Lastly, that I need to be drawing closer and "Living" closer to Our dear Savior.

Thank You again Brother, very challenging, very needed and very insightful.

God bless you!

Bro. David Dunn